Please help with assembly registration puzzle

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:11 PM
Edited Feb 5, 2010 at 1:15 AM

I have installed this on various machines with various successes. I cannot find a stable way to register the module in the GAC and make it work.

• Vista IIS 7.0 - Module is accessible - GUI is visible - 401 works - Application Works
  • Window 2008 IIS 7.5 - Module is accessible - GUI is NOT visible - 401 works - Application Works
  • Windows 7 IIS 7.5 - Module is NOT accessible - GUI is NOT visible - 401 fails - Application Fails
  • Window 2008 IIS 7.5 - Module is NOT accessible - GUI is NOT visible - 401 fails - Application Fails

Notice two of the environments are on the same platform yet 1 works although the GUI does not show up.

What are all the things I need to be looking out for? Why can I not get the GUI to register on 3 of the machine?

Please let me know.

Update:

I think the machines it is failing on completely are 64bit. Could that be the issue?

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2010 at 6:05 AM

Frankly, I haven't looked at this for a long time - and never tried it on Win7 (though it should work). Maybe someone else has tried this?

Feb 8, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Could it have anything to do with 64bit OS' or permission issues? Should I be considering another alternative?

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Has anyone com up with a solution to this?  I have been banging my head against it most of the day in Windows 7/IIS7.5 with no luck.

Aug 5, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Have you tried to install the application via install.cmd? This case I'd suggest to run it from cmd.exe (run it as administrator) in order to see possible failures. For example you could have no gacutil on your computer at all.